broadcom problem RESOLVED

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 00:58:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Pete Vander Giessen <petevg at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi Gary,
>
> On 08/26/2010 11:42 AM, G. wrote:
>> 'tail -f /var/log/messages yeilds
>>
>> 'tail -f /var/log/messages
> It looks like you left in a quote mark when you copied and pasted the
> command.  Try:
>
>     tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> Alternately, open the messages log in System->Administration->Log File
> Viewer.
>
> The messages log should tell you what's going wrong with the connection.
>
> ~ PeteVG

The problem was apparently with the router in the hotel.  I should say
routers.  Some of them were not the hotel's and that is what threw me
off.  i went to another location and immediately was able to connect
to the router but what threw me off their was I was unable to connect
via an ethernet cable.  I think this was a problem with the cable or
the router is was plugged into.  Since this arrangement was made by
the internet guy at this location I trusted he was giving me a good
connection but now I doubt it.  I will go there tomorrow and check it
out.

Anyway, thanks for the assistance!!!  I will keep this email for
future reference.

gary