Wiping data from a hard drive.

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 26 06:07:20 UTC 2010

On 26/08/2010 05:52, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 23:20 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>>   have HDs now in their 8th or so year of usage (Quantums, Maxtors) but
>> these new drives now predominantly made in China are just ****.
>>
>> I would like to also thank everyone who responded to my post - Thanks guys!
>>
> I remember reading, back when, that you could put a harddrive into a
> freezer overnight and that it would run, for a bit, the next day. Dunno
> if that works. I think you should go for Brigitte Nelson. You'll
> probably have more luck. :) Ric

Someone else has also mentioned it - and it immediately brought to mind
this phenomenon which a tech, who serviced HDs, told me about years ago.
So, the HD is now sitting in the freezer compartment till tomorrow
morning. Here's hoping.......

BC

--
Gumperson's Law: The probability of anything happening is in
inverse proportion to its desirability.