Where Ubu fails. Was: Re: Karl - grub2 and ext2/ext3/ext4

chris chevhq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 22:42:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 17:05 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:11:30 +1200
> chris <chevhq at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > If you are using Debian stable then why should you care at all what
<snip>
> I still don't get it, I suppose.  Where does Ubuntu fail for you?  If
> it is in the newest release maybe you'd be happier if, as with Debian,
> you stayed with the tried and true, still supported next-to-last LTS.
> The newest is often not (yet) the best/most stable.

To date
pulse audio
grub2
ext4

network manager and some odd wireless and printing issues
various other issues that I cannot put my mind to off hand.

None of which have occurred in the machines I maintain for local
business's running Debian stable.  These are business machines that
cannot afford downtime.  I earn my living maintaining them; with debian
stable it is basically pick up my check and thank you.

Cheers the kiwi