Stop de computer not working

Freddy Van Ingelgom freddyek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:04:29 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
This is my very first posting to this list.
I have a Dell Inspiron 17 with Ubuntu 9.10, and this weekend I installed on
a (different) desktop computer Ubuntu 10.04 beta 2.
On both computers I have a problem when I try to stop the computer. There is
no reaction when clicking the appropriate button. I had this already since a
little time now with my Dell computer (9.10), en now I have the same problem
with my desktop computer (10.04 beta 2). When it happens (which is not
always) I have to close via a terminal: "sudo halt ..." and so on.
Is this problem being reported yet and if so, what is the solution?
Thanks for your help!
Regards,

Freddy