Lucid Beta2

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 16 10:21:01 UTC 2010

On 16/04/10 02:53, Johnny wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> Cannot say it often enough about how impressed I am with Lucid. Lovely
>> stuff.
>>
>> But I do have a couple of questions to do with midnight commander, and
>> hope that someone has the answer.
>>
>> I use mc (midnight commander) as my preferred file manager. - been using
>> it for years. Under Ubuntu it has me stumped about how to keep the darn
>> thing open in full screen and not open in that small window (which you
>> then have to double click on or press F10 to make it go full screen)?
>>
>> And the second question is: in mc F10 is (one way) how one QUITS
>> midnight commander. But pressing the F10 key only brings up a drop-down
>> menu in the top-left corner. The only way that "F10" works is if one
>> uses the mouse to click on the F10 "button" at the bottom-right of mc.
>> How can one reconfigure mc or whatever (and it is NOT the keyboard
>> shortcuts) so that F10 key on the keyboard works as it is designed to work?
>>
>> BC
>>

> I have used mc (midnight commander ) for years myself, if your runnning
> it from gnome terminal or other terminals just look at the preferences
> in that terminal that your using others you may have to configure by
> hand. There is another file manager that I use also is Gnome Commander
> it looks like mc (midnight commander) check it out  Hope this helps a little

Gnome Commander - neat! I might even get used to it :-) . Thanks for the
push.

Using it for the first time so don't know it's history. Is it still in
development stage? Wondering because I have 2 HDs with 11 partitions
between them and when using GC in the vertical split mode the list of
partitions is all 'scrambed' up over the second (right-hand) pane. Is
this because I need to configure something or is this a bug/feature, do
you know?

BC

--

I don't like water because of the things fish do in it.

                                          W C Fields