WebCam Cannon powershot A520

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 19:53:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like you 2 have way more time that me to fix this. If you need
> something please let me know. I will be watching!!!!

Just booted an Fedora 11 live CD and it captured perfectly.  They are
shipping version 2.4.5 of gphoto2.

The ptp error I'm seeing is a timeout: no response from the camera.
I'm not sure where to go from here - it seems like a Ubuntu-specific
bug, but I have no idea who/what the culprit is.  Kernel, udev,
hotplug - dunno.

I have to give the camera back tomorrow - so I doubt I'll be any further help :(

Chris