WebCam Cannon powershot A520

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:51:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I think you mean libgphoto2?
>
> huh.  I will check tomorrow and see just where that binary came from :)
>
> It's in /usr/local - so perhaps it's part of the source, but not
> provided in the .deb?  Just a guess at this point - I need to retrace
> my steps...
>
> Chris

Looks like you 2 have way more time that me to fix this. If you need
something please let me know. I will be watching!!!!

Have you seen this?
PTPCanon
http://osdir.com/ml/multimedia.gphoto.devel/2004-04/msg00027.html

I can't seem to find the source of it but it looks like it was an
attempt to fix our issue but I can't be sure.

Another nice bit of software is called pictopage but is XP only. I
can't tell you my hardware for XP for the camera because I no longer
have it. It was just an average XP install with the software that came
with the camera. I have no XP software anymore. I have gone 100%
Linux. The software used to let me take pictures, adjust settings on
the camera and also watch the video from the camera live.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?