Reporting bugs about Ubuntu

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 12:13:19 UTC 2009

Detlef Lechner wrote:
> Brian Murray wrote:
>
>> If you have any specific questions or concerns please let me know.  By using
>> apport to report more detailed bug reports we will help to help make Ubuntu
>> even better!
>
> You have made bug reporting using Apport not better but worse.
> I have been reporting bugs in the past using Apport.
> I am using a current Karmic.
> Reporting a current bug now constantly keeps telling me that I have not
> the newest revisions of some programs. But Update Manager told me
> differently. Indeed, calling Update Manager manually, there are newer
> DEB packages available. After updating DEB packages the state of the
> machine cannot be reconstructed any more.

> I call this a regression.

	I call this a bug on the repositorie that let you get the
wrong updates. Your working with Alfa versions and I think
your headed for trouble if you try to change basic things with
DEB files.

	If you want to report that Update Manager is wrong that will
help. I doubt that a bug that reports a DEB package did not
work will get much attention.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI