Reporting bugs about Ubuntu

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Sat Sep 26 08:36:07 UTC 2009

Brian Murray wrote:

> If you have any specific questions or concerns please let me know.  By using
> apport to report more detailed bug reports we will help to help make Ubuntu
> even better!

You have made bug reporting using Apport not better but worse.
I have been reporting bugs in the past using Apport.
I am using a current Karmic.
Reporting a current bug now constantly keeps telling me that I have not
the newest revisions of some programs. But Update Manager told me
differently. Indeed, calling Update Manager manually, there are newer
DEB packages available. After updating DEB packages the state of the
machine cannot be reconstructed any more.
I call this a regression.
Secondly: The automatism which you invented now hides what's really
going on, and I cannot make a sensible report about a crash that just
happend.
I am very sorry to say this.

Detlef Lechner