Openoffice Letterhead

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 24 21:49:19 UTC 2009

On 09/24/2009 02:26 PM, Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 09:49 -0600, drew.einhorn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to scan some letterhead and set things up so
>> my grandsons principal can print the school letterhead
>> along with the document.
> [snip]
>> 1)  Instead of filling the entire page.  I just fills the area inside
>> the margins.
>> How do I get the background to fill the entire page?
>
> I don't know if this helps, but I've got a workaround that I always use
> to get a full-page background and maintain borders, w/o inserting the
> picture each time:
>      1. Format > Page | Background Tab > As: Graphic
>      2. Choose > "choose your picture" (area fill if you wish)
>      3. | Page Tab > Margins
>      4. Set all margins to 0.00"
>      5. |Borders Tab > Line Arrangement > "Set All 4 borders button"
>      6. Line > Style > (default is ok.)
>      7. Line > Style > Color: White
>      8. Spacing to contents > (set to the value you want for your

You'll see from the link I posted previously those instructions are
almost word-for-word...

<http://blogs.sun.com/oootnt/entry/creating_screen_optimized_pdf_documents>

Note to drew: your subject probably should have been along the lines of
OOo background, as a full page background/watermark isn't really a
'Letterhead' eh?