CUPS Printer Support Not Working...

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Wed Sep 23 14:38:13 UTC 2009

I'm using the Jaunty Jackalope.

I tried to use my XSane Image Scanning program, which had worked, and
got a "No devices available" error.

I looked at the printer configuration at System/Administration/Printing
which says the printer is "Not Connected"

When I try the Printing Troubleshooter, I get the following:  "CUPS
Service Stopped"  Below this, it says "The CUPS print spooler does not
appear to be running.  To correct this, choose
System->Administration->Services from the main menu and look for the
'cups' service.

It is checked and should be working.

Now what can I do to get the printer/scanner working (both are not working)?

--

Joseph Snurr
Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo:    http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/