Ubuntu Professionals Forum?

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Wed Sep 16 16:14:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 07:58 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/13/2009 03:10 PM, Trent Murray wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a Ubuntu Professionals forum.  I would like to network and share
> > information with other Ubuntu Server/Network Professionals and was wondering
> > if there is a dedicated forum for this?
> >

> Not that I am aware of. However you can create a mailing list for this.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/
> Category most likely would be under "Other Ubuntu Projects and Groups".
>   Best place to ask is to send your question/intention to
> mailman at lists.ubuntu.com (see: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/admin).
> Once authorised, I _think_ that you'll be able to use this page to
> create the list:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/create.

Alternatively I am willing to set up such a moderated list on a
server that I'm in control of.  Exact modalities have to be worked
out, e.g. I won't do it if I am the only moderator.

As I said in another post, IMHO posting to that list should be
restricted to people 'in the know', any other person may subscribe
read-only.  This is quite simple to manage with mm.  Postings
asking questions eligible for that list according to a yet to
define charter must be approved by a moderator.

What do you think?
  Siggy
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|30 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|