Facebook is anti-Linux! Help change them!

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sun Sep 13 13:52:18 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:01:10AM +0200, Knapp wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Andrew Farris <flyindragon1 at aol.com> wrote:
> > Oh I agree with this wholeheartedly... I think the issue a lot of people
> > are having with your message is that either facebook works for them, or
> > that the post was over a year old.

Quoting an email from someone you don't personally know and trust seems to
have a few potential pitfalls. The world is full of people who can follow
simple instructions (a polite way of saying idiots). Perhaps this was just a
suggestion meant to be helpful, and not an officical statement of FB policy?
Perhaps the FB person (if such a thing even exists), was hired 5 minutes
before this, and fired 10 minutes after, because of giving bad advice. What's
the point? One person says "blah, blah, blah...".

> > Dont give up! just...clarify I guess. For individual problems, you must
> > first figure out if the failure is with Facebook or a linux app...then

There is NO Linux app involved. It is a web application. Its uses a browser
(and probably Flash).

It also NOT a FB application, it is provided as a plugin by a third party.
Complain to a) the people who wrote the app b) Adobe or c) browser vendor, but
I don't think FB should even care enough to respond.

> > seek help accordingly.  For the whole 'switch your OS' thing...we need
> > to trash that attitude with all speed.

Yea, but with facts, not hysteria based on year old emails from someone who
nobody knows anything about.

--
Hal