Facebook is anti-Linux! Help change them!

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Sun Sep 13 10:27:58 UTC 2009

Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 10:23 +0200, Knapp wrote:
>> I am ready to drop this because it seems to only be causing strife and
>> that is not what I wanted. I wanted to get FB working nicely with
>> Linux. Their email seemed unacceptable to me. Perhaps others don't see
>> it that way.

> Oh I agree with this wholeheartedly... I think the issue a lot of people
> are having with your message is that either facebook works for them, or
> that the post was over a year old.

    Actually, for me it isn't those but the fact that this is a common answer
from pretty much everywhere.  Windows, supported.  OSX, supported.  Linux,
you're on your own, kid.  If we got up in arms with every site whose support
issued that statement we would never sleep for years as we'd be so busy
writing emails.  Really, it's not new nor surprising and the answer is not to
hammer them with emails but to ensure Linux grows in popularity on the
desktop.  We're using Ubuntu and Canonical has made huge strives to get Linux
more desktop presence.  We just need to be patient.