Problem with compiz cube
Cybe R. Wizard
cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 10 16:13:14 UTC 2009
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:34:30 +0200
Massimiliano Ziccardi <massimiliano.ziccardi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once again: it was a quite simple and obvious problem for an
> experienced user - someone of the ubuntu team should have at least
> tried to help me. Do they partecipate to their mailing list?
1. Compiz is eye candy and not really of much use, especially for an,
2. Some of the Ubuntu team appear on the list from time to time. Only
one (Oliver Grawert) is what you might call a regular.
3. Ubuntu is a free OS. The 'official' support, OTOH, is a pay-for
4. This list is made up of, as the name says, users.
5. Compiz has recently been in a constant state of change. That
wallpaper setting is still fairly recent and not all Compiz users
6. There is more than this one method of getting support from other
7. I (and many more, I'm sure) have asked numerous questions here that
went unanswered for a much longer time than you waited.
8. Not every member reads every post every day.
9. You get what you pay for.
10.As always with Linux, "If you break it you get to keep both pieces."
As Peter Noone once sang, "...it ain't no good to whine."
And, BTW, I'm sorry I didn't step in and attempt to answer your query;
I think I may have been able to help you out. (I'm not an,
"experienced user," but I /do/ love the eye candy!)
But I /am/ glad you got it all sorted.
Cybe R. Wizard
When Windows are opened the bugs come in.
More information about the ubuntu-users