MSI: Don't buy our webcam

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:07:44 UTC 2009

> The link you provided in an earlier message:
> http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=132&prod_no=618
> has a UVC USB Video Class logo ...

So it does! Yet there is no text mentioning that it is UVC compatible.
I suppose that the page designers just decided to slap whatever
stickers that they could on the page. Like the Honda Civic with NOS
stickers...

Armchair lawyers: If this webcam was purchased with the knowledge that
it is UVC compliant (and it may well have been, that was one of the
criteria I told her before she bought a camera), what can I do now
that the camera is with me, in a country different than that in which
it was purchased?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com