9.04 sound issues

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 19 14:01:35 UTC 2009

I recently upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10 and was unable to go on up to 9.04
and ended up doing a fresh install using the entire disk.  I ran Studio
to edit and record sound CD,s in 8.04.  Upon installing Jaunty I noticed
that I had sound everywhere but my games, on real loss.  I used Synaptic
to install Studio and still, sound except no sound on the games (Pysol,
Mah Jongg and such) ad no mike feed or playing a CD.  Since the problem
was there from the start I don't think if is a Studio problem but I am
also open to being wrong.