Feedback on xvideo-xorg-driver-intel wanted

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 00:06:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales
<mmtsales at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had some problems with intel video chipsets, but in my case they were
> all related to 3D desktop effects and composition. I added the following
> lines to the Device section of my xorg.conf:

Yeah, going to the options for that which I did early on in Jaunty
fixed everything (or nearly all of everything relating to openGL - and
everything worked. Compiz ran beautifully, other stuff ran without
bleedthrough into the other apps running at the same time so it isn't
usable anymore. But I'm unsure whether o not these options in
themselves contribute to the lockups I'm seeing now. Everything works
well enough - altough the chip on the motherboard seem not nearly as
capable at doing the same amount of work a the higher resolution, but
that might be a separate issue.

All I have there now is
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Option          "AccelMethod" "UXA"
        Option          "UseFBDev"    "true"
EndSection

All the resolution stuff that gives me the extra resolution is
elsewhere, of course.

Of course, adding those lines is worth a try. I man,it cant make thiings worse.

Incidentally, the laptop xorg config file is even more minimalistic.It
only says to use the UXA acceleration method.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.