Feedback on xvideo-xorg-driver-intel wanted

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:41:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM, David Fox <dfox94085 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason I'm basically posting here is because lately I've had way
> too many freezes on my system, to the point of it being unusable for
> production work.

Followup: doing the upgrade to karmic seems to have solved the problem
as far as stability although it is really too soon to come up with a
valid response. (Afer all, I'm used to long uptimes, and normally I
find it odd that I'd reboot monthly, much less daily) but so far my
stability is improved. I still have some issues that aren't
specifically related to the driver per se to work out, but that's a
normal side effect of upgrades, things to fix but again
(hardy-jaunty-intrepid-karmic of course not all at one) the update
process is getting better all the time and that's a great thing to not
about Ubuntu.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.