Connection to Pricewatch.com not happening

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Fri Nov 6 23:40:25 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/05/2009 03:19 PM, Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> I'm on Hardy Heron with the latest kernel update, and Firefox is right
>> up to date as well. I have also looked in my hosts file to insure that
>> it's not blocked there, and the closest I could find was
>> pricegrabber.com so it's not the hosts file.
>>

> is amazonaws.com in there?
>
> $ host www.pricewatch.com
> www.pricewatch.com is an alias for
> www-pricewatch-com-279321694.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com

Yes it was in there, but after commenting it out, and saving the file I
still cannot connect.

>> I just do not know where else to look to solve the problem. Anybody got
>> any ideas?
>>

> Have you tried using another browser? Epiphany, Opera etc? You might try
> from an alternate Firefox profile to see if it is something in the Fx
> profile itself.
>
> $ firefox -P
>
> Create Profile|Next|Test|Finish
> Note: unclick 'Don't ask..." so that you can easily change back to
> 'Default' & remove the 'Test' profile if you wish.
>
> That will start Fx in a new, clean profile without any of your default
> settings & add-ons. If that works, then you know to go through your
> 'Default' profile for the issue. Start by disabling each add-on until
> you find one that may be causing the issue.

I tried this as well, with no results, the throbber just keeps rotating, and pricewatch.com does not load.

I also tried the Seamonkey browser, but will go ahead and try Epiphany, and Opera as well just to eliminate the Mozilla connection.

I noted in another email that I can connect no problem if I reboot to Windows XP, so it's a Ubuntu problem somewhere.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.
http://www.rayslinks.com/The%20Future%20of%20Technology.html