Connection to not happening

NoOp glgxg at
Fri Nov 6 21:20:32 UTC 2009

On 11/05/2009 03:19 PM, Ray Parrish wrote:
> I'm on Hardy Heron with the latest kernel update, and Firefox is right
> up to date as well. I have also looked in my hosts file to insure that
> it's not blocked there, and the closest I could find was
> so it's not the hosts file.

is in there?

$ host is an alias for

> I just do not know where else to look to solve the problem. Anybody got
> any ideas?

Have you tried using another browser? Epiphany, Opera etc? You might try
from an alternate Firefox profile to see if it is something in the Fx
profile itself.

$ firefox -P

Create Profile|Next|Test|Finish
Note: unclick 'Don't ask..." so that you can easily change back to
'Default' & remove the 'Test' profile if you wish.

That will start Fx in a new, clean profile without any of your default
settings & add-ons. If that works, then you know to go through your
'Default' profile for the issue. Start by disabling each add-on until
you find one that may be causing the issue.