9.10 is a black eye for Ubuntu

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Fri Nov 6 19:39:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I asked, please, no flames.  9.04 worked great and I have been using
> Gloria Mint 7 for several months now.  Even Thunderbird is flaky in
> 9.10.  Ubuntu is suppose to be for everyone, not just techies and
> early adopters who are willing to deal with all the problems.  And
> most of all, it is suppose to be stable, which it is not.

I'm not flaming you, but the problem I have with your post is you seem
to assume everyone must be having the same experiences as you. I
certainly haven't had any problems at all with 9.10 upgrades, on two
machines with slightly non-standard hardware even.

Thunderbird is *not* generally flaky in 9.10 It might be for you, but
for me it is just fine, no problems at all.

Please don't complain just because between haven't had the same
problems you have.

Chris