Assest manager?

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu May 14 14:37:53 UTC 2009

I manage about 50 systems at work. These systems are spread across a fairly
large geographic area. We are presently deploying Nagios, and Cricket to
aid in monitoring these machines.

It occurs to me that it would be nice to have a central repository for
things like serial numbers. software versions, hardware configurations etc.
I would like this system to be we based, so that we could get to it from
any location. It would also be nice, if there was some automation built
into this system.

Is there such an open source program out there?

programs.