'Tone of the list' discussion

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu May 14 08:32:34 UTC 2009

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2009, 22:27 +0000 schrieb marc:

> >> Sure. What are the details? I presume this is a bits not atoms meeting.
> >
> > see the "Inappropriate tone ..." thread, i outlined everything there and
> > there also was some fruitful discussion on it.
>
> I'm asking, in a civil tone, where the details of this meeting might be
> found. Please don't treat me like a dick and fob me off with a reference
> to another thread, becuase that's political BS of the highest order.
>
> I do object and I want to participate. I want to have my say.
>
> Now, could you please provide the details, or does Ubuntu, and so by
> association Shuttleworth, operate behind closed doors?

the community council steers all aspects of the community, solves
problems and is the top instance and decision making committee for all
community related issues. i really wont re-post the full set of links
here, they are all listed under [1]. the current list moderators asked
me to do this since they don't have the resources to even remotely take
care of the list but see that the list got a lot worse over the last
years and has proven over the past that it cant operate unmoderated and
apply to the code of conduct at the same time apparently.

ciao
	oli

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-May/183268.html