After 3 years of Ubuntu, suddenly lost sound

custom at freenet.de custom at freenet.de
Tue May 12 15:03:42 UTC 2009

> Adding more packages before fixing the problem complicates
things a bit but do
> you have Control Center on your release?  If so in
\"Sound and Multimedia\"
> then \"System Notifications\" there is a button to turn
on all sounds.

Not that I can see.. It\'s Jaunty.  So I have a bunch of
control panels under Preferences and then another bunch
under Administration.

However if I open an command prompt and type
gnome-control-center then a panel opens up. In there is no
\'Sount and Multimedia\', just \'Sound\'.   In here I can
choose a bunch of sound systems like ALSA and OSS and a
bunch more (why so many.. )  I tried them all and when I
select OSS and hit \'test\' then I do hear a tone.  But also
with OSS selected I still don\'t have system sounds or
sounds in music or video players. :(

Gratis: Jeden Monat 3 SMS versenden-
Mit freenetMail - Ihrer kostenlose E-Mail-Adresse
http://email.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/basic/sms/index.html?pid=6830