Visually Impaired List Members

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Sun May 10 21:16:18 UTC 2009

According to Graham Todd:
# For myself I prefer Claws-Mail as my MUA and with that I can close all
# quotes, or from just level 2, or from just level 3, and then unfold
# them again but I'm not sure if the screen reader will read the quotes
# anyway (since I don't use one, and I'm not sure which one is used by
# Lorenzo).

I tried Claws-Mail, because it seemed as if it would solve my problem, and it
appears to be the most configurable mail reader for Gnome, but unfortunately it
seems that Orca, which is my screen reader, doesn't like it very much at all.
Not sure where the problem is there. I may try it again, since it's been about a
year since I last looked at it. See another post on this thread for my
understanding of how accessibility for people with disabilities works on Gnome.
That will explain the problems I have if I need to report bugs. I just may bang
around on it some and try to figure out where bugs are occurring, if that's
possible, in order to make Claws-Mail a usable MUA. Heck, it should be much
easier to make work than KDE, since Orca does in fact recognize Claws-Mail, it
just doesn't behave properly.

Peace and long life, (Pacon kaj longan vivon),
Lorenzo
--
Nia diligenta kolegaro
En laboro paca ne laciĝos,