Flash player not working in firefox

jiten jha jitenjha11 at googlemail.com
Sat May 2 04:46:58 UTC 2009

Dear Friends,

                    I am using ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop OS. I have done flash
player 10 in my pc. Problem is that when i open yahoo mail and click to
stauts option (avaible , offline ,and other) ,than i getting this Error(Your
browser must have Flash 9.0 or higher installed to load the chat feature.
You can download and install the latest Flash Player here
<http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash>)
and i follow this process . I also find in google but i am not getting any
right staps.

1>

$ sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree

$ sudo dpkg -i sudo dpkg -i install_flash_player_10_linux.deb

$ cd ~/.mozilla

$ rm flashplayer.xpt libflashplayer.so

$ cd /tmp

$ wget
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz

$ tar -zxvf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz

$ cd install_flash_player_10_linux

$ ./flashplayer-installer

 Copyright(C) 2002-2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC. All rights reserved.

 Adobe Flash Player 10 for Linux

 Adobe Flash Player 10 will be installed on this machine.

 You are running the Adobe Flash Player installer as a non-root user.

Adobe Flash Player 10 will be installed in your home directory.

 Support is available at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

 To install Adobe Flash Player 10 now, press ENTER.

 To cancel the installation at any time, press Control-C.

 NOTE: Please exit any browsers you may have running.

 Press ENTER to continue...

 ----------- Install Action Summary -----------

 Adobe Flash Player 10 will be installed in the following directory:

 Mozilla installation directory = /home/vivek/.mozilla

 Proceed with the installation? (y/n/q): y

 NOTE: Please ask your administrator to remove the xpti.dat from the

components directory of the Mozilla or Netscape browser.

 Installation complete.

 Perform another installation? (y/n): n

 Please log out of this session and log in for the changes to take effect.

 The Adobe Flash Player installation is complete.

2> 2nd is

1> Go to firefox Tools option.

2> Click Add-ons

3> click plugins and install firefox plugins.

3> 3rd is

1> Go to adobe site

2> Download flash player in deb tar file.

3> install it .

4> Run about:plugins

to see plugins install or not.

--