Need assistance

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:36:57 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Dirk Freitag wrote:
>

>> I don't know about you, but if I owned a business and was shelling out
>> that kind of money, I would expect to be treated better and in a more
>> special manner than Jon Doe who bought a laptop from a Dell kiosk in a
>> mall and paid only $300 for a 3-year extended warranty.
>>

> I understand that - otoh, if I spent $300 for a warranty I expect to get the
> warranty support.  I got _nothing_.  Not even an acknowledgement after the
> first call.

    All this information is good to hear. I will never buy another thing
from Dell. I bought my newest laptop at Wal Mart for $298.00 plus tax,
and it's thin and light and has Vista on it. I added 8.10 fully updated
and it works fine! Vista is another case, since on the occasions when I
turn it on there are 5-10 new updates it just starts to d/l and it takes
20 minutes before I can use it! At least Ubuntu just tells you there are
updates :-)

    This afternoon I will turn on my laptop and change it to POP3, but
it will be set to leave all email on Gmail.

Karl