Need assistance

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Mar 23 18:23:31 UTC 2009

Dirk Freitag wrote:

> I don't know about you, but if I owned a business and was shelling out
> that kind of money, I would expect to be treated better and in a more
> special manner than Jon Doe who bought a laptop from a Dell kiosk in a
> mall and paid only $300 for a 3-year extended warranty.

I had also exteremly good Dell business support experiences around 2000.

However imho your argumentation is not fully logical.

When I buy as a consumer, I usually do not get any rebate, while when
buying Dell as a (large) business my rebates are WAY better. This means
that Businesses might pay less per machine and for warranty than
consumers do.

And no matter how Dell or you ;-) will organize your business, I am
expecting top support for the top money that I pay for support, no
matter if I pay business or privately.

If I do not get what I paid for, I am afraid I will have to go elsewhere.

Kind regards
Eberhard