Need assistance

Dirk Freitag unreal.linux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:23:18 UTC 2009

Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Dirk Freitag wrote:
>
>> I don't know about you, but if I owned a business and was shelling out
>> that kind of money, I would expect to be treated better and in a more
>> special manner than Jon Doe who bought a laptop from a Dell kiosk in a
>> mall and paid only $300 for a 3-year extended warranty.
>>
> I had also exteremly good Dell business support experiences around 2000.
>
> However imho your argumentation is not fully logical.
>
> When I buy as a consumer, I usually do not get any rebate, while when
> buying Dell as a (large) business my rebates are WAY better. This means
> that Businesses might pay less per machine and for warranty than
> consumers do.
>
> And no matter how Dell or you ;-) will organize your business, I am
> expecting top support for the top money that I pay for support, no
> matter if I pay business or privately.
>
> If I do not get what I paid for, I am afraid I will have to go elsewhere.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard
>

>> --
>> Dirk Freitag
>> Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]

Oh absolutely.  I whole heartily agree with you.  Please do not take my
previous statement as me trying to excuse Dell's behavior.  That is not
what I was trying to do.  Yes, as a business buying in bulk, you may pay
less per machine that you purchase, but Dell is still pulling in more
money from a business ordering 50 computers than an individual who buys
only one or two.  But I completely understand what you are saying, and
agree with it.

--
Dirk Freitag
Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]