Restarting Xserver from cli

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Fri Mar 20 09:18:55 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen:

> weren't watching, it's our fault. I hate the change, and it will bite
> me in the butt when I'm working on other people's systems I'm sure,
> but if it's so important to us then why weren't we watching?

I don't know why *we* weren't watching but I know why *I* wasn't
watching: the idea that such a fundamental change would go unnoticed by
me unless I read the dev list or monitored the blueprints (of which I
didn't even know they existed before I read about then in this thread)
never occurred to me.

> I will
> start monitoring the dev list. Maybe I will post here about issues
> that appear to me as important to this list as well. I recommend
> others to do the same.

Good plan!

Regards
  mks