[OT] Re: imap problems

Stephen stephen_o at rogers.com
Thu Mar 19 18:44:58 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Chris G wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 06:49:21PM -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Ernst Doubt <calloquillick at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>     2009/3/18 Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com>:
>>>     >    I have been using imap to my Thunderbird for some time but today
>>>     someone
>>>     > from this list has helped me out by ruining imap for me. I do not know
>>>     how
>>>     > they did it and I can't seem to fix it.
>>>     >
>>>     > Karl
>>>     >

>>>     /me waves hand
>>>
>>>     I did it!
>>>
>>>     (sorry, I just couldn't resist)
>>>
>>> Well you could but you didn't so we all get to see what an ass YOU are.
>>>

>> I think there was an underlying message you have missed.  Without any
>> clue as to what is wrong with IMAP on your system there is very little
>> we can do to help you.
>>
>> If you mean that following some advice given to you by someone on
>> this list about IMAP has broken something then please tell us what you
>> did and what has gone wrong.  Then we might be able to help.
>>

>     Well what is happening is Thunderbird can not get anything from
> imap. It tries and after a few minutes Thunderbird puts up a panel
> explaining it cannot load a message from gmail.
>
>     It has been working fine for months so it is a change made somehow
> by some one.
>
> Karl

I had the same problem with one of the groups I was getting with lots of
pictures in it. One of the email messages on the server was corrupt, and
Thunderbird kept giving me that message. I went online and deleted all
my messages from the server and then Thunderbird stared to receive all
the messages OK.

Stephen Oulton.