[OT] Re: imap problems

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:06:28 UTC 2009

Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>>     Yes it could be a google error. But I did check the gmail setup and
>> it seems to be fine.
>>

> This rules out a configuration error at your end. It doesn't rule out
> Google's IMAP server falling over.
> Quite often my Thunderbird just doesn't get a response from Google's
> IMAP servers. I just wait a bit and it starts working again. It always
> affects both my Gmail accounts at the same time, and both tend to start
> working again at the same time.
>

>> 			This is just such a strange problem. I changed my
>> password to one very hard. But you use the thing EVERY time you connect
>> to gmail and it is easy I expect to to get anyones password.
>>

> It's certainly not impossible, but what makes you think someone's got
> your password?

    I thought the problem was at Google. And that password I left simple
since your system uses it so much. When this problem appeared I thought
it was a change at Google.

    But it turns out it was a change in Thunderbird which for someone
else to do that they need my Ubuntu password which is NOT simple.

    So I now think it was a normal problem the Thunderbird software. It
just revered to old numbers.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI