Wireless and Ubuntu

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Mon Jun 1 02:44:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009 14:27:12 -0400
"LTR" <LRUCINSK at STNY.RR.COM> wrote:

> Hi
>  The Ubuntu 9.10 install was a breeze on an old machine.
> I would now like to set it up as wireless as well. The wireless
> device will plug into a USB The software for the device is Win or
> Mac Does anyone know where I can find step by step instructions to
> set up a wireless device on the Ubuntu machine Has to be easy to
> follow for a rookie tks

I recently bought and set up a USB wireless device for an old laptop
my partner uses.  I just plugged it in.  The device was recognized
and worked right away.  I am using 8.10 and WICD on that machine.

--
Raquel
Constitutions should consist only of general provisions; the reason

  --Alexander Hamilton