Not getting streaming audio from radio stations

Thomas valhalla2100 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 7 10:30:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am not able to get some radio stations with my Ubuntu 9.04.

Started out with the default Firefox browser and just got the
Opera browser.

With both browser systems the player starts downloading the
content (ads & etc.) then just stops.  On the Firefox player
there is a message in the lower left side that states "done".
However. this is not true.

Ironically, back when I started with Ubuntu I could get the
stations that I am trying to get (Corus Radio stations and
BBC Radio 4) but not some others (CBC RadioOne) and NPR.  Not,
its the opposite.

Is there something that I am over looking (or more accurately,
don't know)?

Thomas