Accessing WebDAV Site

Tue Jul 7 10:51:04 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> Is there no way to diagnose the issue without running to Windows?
>> I can see no implication that the only way to diagnose the issue is to
>> use Windows, only that it is *a* method that is worth trying.
> "Go check in Windows" sounds like a bad strategy for Ubuntu considering bug #1:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1

He didn't suggest trying in Windows, he asked if Mark had already tried
it in Windows.

> I did not see any other way to diagnose suggested.

"try accessing from a different PC to nail down which end has the issue."

Of course, he doesn't say to specifically avoid Windows, and I really
don't see why he should. The bulk of Ubuntu users, I'd imagine, have
ready access to and good familiarity with a Windows system. This makes
it quite an appropriate testing environment, provided Windows supports
what is being tested.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)