TomTom on Ubuntu

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Jul 2 16:02:55 UTC 2009

Han Pilmeyer wrote:

> I see mixed reports about the use of TomTom Home under WINE. I think the
> later reports seem to indicate that it works. Perhaps this is something
> to try.

if you have a large enough user community, you might try passing the hat and
generate some targeted funding for support of Tom Tom home under wine. If you
can't raise enough money, you might want to consider that's probably part of the
reason why the tom-tom people aren't willing to fund the port themselves
(insufficient customer base).  yes, I know that if they had such a port
available, they could attract more customers from the geek community but that
cycle of no development because of no provable need needs to be broken somehow
and most companies aren't willing to try. I know it sucks from personal
experience on another project.