TomTom on Ubuntu

Nickolai Toupikov nickolai.toupikov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:22:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM, LAMP <lamp at afan.net> wrote:

> I tried to instal TomTomHOME under wine and got this:
>
> lamp at Ubuntu3325:~/Desktop/TomTom_HOME$ wine TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe
> fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly
> L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by
> L"C:\\windows\\temp\\nsl213.tmp\\UAC.dll") not found
> lamp at Ubuntu3325:~/Desktop/TomTom_HOME$

When wine throws that sort of errors usually putting the requested DLL
in wine's system32 folder (mine is in
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/) solves the problem. or at least
usually gets me a different error message  - so its definitely worth a
shot IMHO.

 you can get the 'MSVCR80.dll' (and pretty much any one you might have
wine asking for) at
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80

good luck.
Nickolai