printing via serial to usb cable

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:16:11 UTC 2009

Wade Smart wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> Wade Smart wrote:

>>     Let me understand this. You put new ink in the printer and it
>> stopped working? Why are we talking about cups and /dev/ttyS0 when the
>> problem is he/she got a bad ink or installed it wrong?
>>
>>     Fix the ink problem and then perhaps all will be good.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> 20090128 1551 GMT-5
>
> Woo dont take that out of context.
>
> I ran out of ink a month or so ago and the printer sat until I got some
> more. When I installed the ink I moved the printer over to another table
> so I unplugged the cable. When I moved the printer back and plugged in
> the cable and I started having problems again.
>
> And I can print as I said a few posts back:
> wadesmart at wadesmart:~$ sudo echo "Printer Test" > /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> That will sent a job to the printer but you have to manually press GO on
>   the printer to get it to print. However, that is not very efficient.
>
> Wade

    Press GO on the printer? This is unusual since all my printers both
Laser and ink jet just work and have no GO button. On my old Brother
Laser it has a button to start the printer for instance, after you run
out and add more paper.

    In any case the button has nothing to do with your cable problems I
guess.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI