printing via serial to usb cable

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:56:54 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Wade Smart wrote:
>> Chris Mohler wrote:

>     Let me understand this. You put new ink in the printer and it
> stopped working? Why are we talking about cups and /dev/ttyS0 when the
> problem is he/she got a bad ink or installed it wrong?
>
>     Fix the ink problem and then perhaps all will be good.
>
> Karl

20090128 1551 GMT-5

Woo dont take that out of context.

I ran out of ink a month or so ago and the printer sat until I got some
more. When I installed the ink I moved the printer over to another table
so I unplugged the cable. When I moved the printer back and plugged in
the cable and I started having problems again.

And I can print as I said a few posts back:
wadesmart at wadesmart:~$ sudo echo "Printer Test" > /dev/ttyUSB0

That will sent a job to the printer but you have to manually press GO on
  the printer to get it to print. However, that is not very efficient.

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005