Sites that require Internet Explorer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Sun Jan 25 16:49:08 UTC 2009

2009/1/25 Scott <sclewin at>:
> Linda wrote:
> Several!  You REALLY need to contact your local MP or MPP and tell them
> how stupid it is to have only IE sites.  Make sure to give them all the
> reasoning including security flaws and the fact that more and more
> people are using FF and Opera.
> Also, I don't think it is illegal for governments to take money from
> Microsoft in Commonwealth countries.  Here in Canada, a Commonwealth
> country, our schools at one time took money from Microsoft in exchange
> for keeping computer Microsoft here.  It was considered a donation I
> think and they made Bill Gates look like he was the next Jesus.

I have heard that in commonwealth countries, non-accessible websites
are illegal. The intent was to make the websites accessible to
screenreaders and such. I hope that someone more knowledgeable will
fill in. The ruling is binding on the websites of governments, public
facilities, and corporations.

Dotan Cohen