W7 vs Ubuntu (Was: replacement for VLC: I dont want Qt)

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) mihamina at lab.vectoris.fr
Tue Jan 20 13:02:00 UTC 2009

Knapp wrote:
> I mean why compare?

Because I am the only one that uses Linux in here.
I obliged my developpers (I am project manager) to use
Xubuntu-Linux/Emacs to develop. They're quite happy to use it now (at
the beginning they did not know about Linux) and they dont want to
get/switch back to Windows anymore (No, they're not affraid of me ;-)).

When Seven will get there, I want to know if the other project managers
(that continued to run windows, XP) will laugh or not. That's all. I
noticed our Linux  system are a bit slow now, but that's because we
installed plenty of things, and I dont know what Seven will be about...

> The real question is, can I do my work or play better with the new
> gadget? Looking over the fence at other gadgets might provide
> inspiration but that is all.

It's definitely not about gadget. I just mentionned compiz as a
superficial example.