No Sound since latest updates.

Roger Benham rogerbenham2000 at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 18 18:56:04 UTC 2009

As an update to all this:
Using a Zen live CD I found that my sound
worked fine. I now have inserted my Ubuntu 8.10 .iso CD and installed
it as a live CD (I know it was as the desktop reverted to the
installation desktop). Again the sound works fine. I'm now back on my
updated 8.10 and once again I have no sound.
Obviously an update has knocked it out. Thanks a lot Ubuntu.