No Sound since latest updates.

Manuel Parrilla Sánchez mparrilla at ono.com
Sat Jan 10 22:40:32 UTC 2009

El Friday 09 January 2009 20:39:54 Roger Benham escribió:
> Running fully up to date 8.10, I have no sound on Movie Player, Dragon
> Player, KMPlayer, VLC Player, gxine. Any suggestions as to what I should
> do? I've tried a restart.

I've also had problems with sound after update. It seems that the problem
is with packages of the 2.6.24-23 kernel. Maybe some drivers doesn't work.

Because of that I'm working again with the 2.6.24-22 kernel. I've edited
/boot/grub/menu.lst and I've changed the line saying

	default         0

	default         2

You have to put the number corresponding to the 2.6.24-22 kernel in your
menu.lst file (in my case 2).

And the sound works again (at least for me). I don't know if your problem is
the same as mine.

Manuel.