USB thumb drive pulled and icon left on desktop - how do I remove it??

Christian Csar cacsar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:52:48 UTC 2009

Assuming that when you say you tried to unmount it you mean that you
right clicked and selected unmount, then you could also try unmounting
it from the command line i.e. umount /media/disk or something similar. I
believe that if you mounted it in the first place, then you should not
need root privileges.

Christian