Not linuxes fault

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 14 01:34:41 UTC 2009

On 01/12/2009 07:30 PM, Doug Pollard wrote:

> For the time being I have what I need that works and I need to use
> wacom. When I finish up with that I may very well try vmware.  They are
> working on getting Wacom to workbetter in Linux and I will be keeping in
> touch with that.  I also ran into a couple fellows here in Harrisonbirg
> Va.   For what I concider a very modest fee they are going to help me
> get better at working in  the terminal.   With a little luck this may
> make a difference. They seem to think they can help.  A young lady told
> me the one fellow is a pure Geek and has the patience of Joab.   Whe'el
> see,hope she's right.
>                                                                   Doug

I'd recommend trying VirtualBox first (the PEUL version) as (to me
anyway) it is much easier to setup. See:

http://www.virtualbox.org/
  http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

For Wacom, perhaps these will help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WacomTroubleshooting

Hint: enter 'wacom' in the search box on either of those pages and
you'll find additional information. For example:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom/LatestDriver
  http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/