Not linuxes fault

musicman datakid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 06:55:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Doug Pollard <dougpol1 at verizon.net> wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 01/11/2009 12:54 PM, Doug Pollard wrote:
>> [snips]
>>
> For the time being I have what I need that works and I need to use
> wacom. When I finish up with that I may very well try vmware.  They are
> working on getting Wacom to workbetter in Linux and I will be keeping in
> touch with that.  I also ran into a couple fellows here in Harrisonbirg
> Va.   For what I concider a very modest fee they are going to help me
> get better at working in  the terminal.   With a little luck this may
> make a difference. They seem to think they can help.  A young lady told
> me the one fellow is a pure Geek and has the patience of Joab.   Whe'el
> see,hope she's right.
>                                                                  Doug

Hey, thanks for writing - I think every project needs a "great work,
but I can't go on" email - I've written them myself :)

In regards to learning about the terminal/command line, I found that
with time and practice, it got much much easier.

The other tip I have is when you try something and it doesn't work,
grab the last error message and google it with the word ubuntu in
front my last one was installing plumi on plone; ubuntu
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'objectIds' )

It is almost guaranteed that someone else will have had the problem.
If not always ubuntu, then often redhat or debian. So many times it's
been one little almost insignificant probllem that has stood between
what II wanted and what I got :)

good luck mate,
L.

--
because "The Wire" makes "Law and Order" or "CSI" look like an episode
of "The Brady Bunch."

http://www.stuffjournalistslike.com/2008/12/312-the-wire.html