Gmail gone mad

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Sun Jan 11 06:45:27 UTC 2009

Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
>> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
>> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
>> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
>> the email.
>>
>>     I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
>> gmail pages.
>>

> I have been seeing this off and on for a month or so too - using Gmail
> via IMAP in Thunderbird. I'm not sure if POP users are seeing this too,
> but it seems to be a known issue with Gmail and IMAP.
>
>  From what I could find on the web, no-one is sure *why* it is
> happening, but as the Webmail interface to Gmail does not seem to
> exhibit this, I suspect high load on Google IMAP servers is the culprit.
> Maybe they thought only a comparitively few folks would want to access
> their mail this way, and are a bit light on their IMAP infrastructure.
>
> regards
>
> Mark

Since you're wondering, I'll tell you, I'm using Thunderbird with a pop
account, and have experienced no problems whatsoever getting my email.
Thunderbird has always ran great for me, and I even have about ten years
worth of back mail built up in my folders as well. I've heard in the
Windows groups that Outlook chokes on this much saved mail. 8-)

Later, Ray Parrish

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows