Gmail gone mad

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jan 11 07:07:18 UTC 2009

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure if POP users are seeing this too,
>> but it seems to be a known issue with Gmail and IMAP.
>>

> Since you're wondering, I'll tell you, I'm using Thunderbird with a pop
> account, and have experienced no problems whatsoever getting my email.
> Thunderbird has always ran great for me, and I even have about ten years
> worth of back mail built up in my folders as well. I've heard in the
> Windows groups that Outlook chokes on this much saved mail. 8-)

LOL - just noticed reports of the password prompt issue with POP
accounts too... if you are not experiencing it you are merely most
fortunate :-)

I second the comment about mailbox quantity - I have about 10 years of
mail as well, (probably more than 60000 emails, mainly in a POP account
- not the gmail account), and Thunderbird handles them no problem.

best wishes

Mark