OT: Internet Provider

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 8 04:28:25 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Scott <sclewin at sgaming.ca> wrote:

> From: Scott <sclewin at sgaming.ca>
> Subject: Re: OT: Internet Provider
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 9:09 PM
> CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> > You missed the point. If someone is going to ask
> something that is quite
> > local in nature, why ask it on an *international*
> mailing list?
> This is true even if said in a harsh way :).  If I was
> going to ask
> about a local ISP I would write to the Canadian Ubuntu
> list.  I would
> suggest asking on the American Ubuntu list or to your local
> LUG.

My Friend Scott, You may be correct that this list is an international Ubuntu user list and I know people form around the world post to it.  However, when I first signed up for Ubuntu Users, I clicked the American English list and this list url is what I got. so, for my purpose, this is the American Ubuntu list.  If you know something more than I do then please post the url, err email address for the American Ubuntu user list as I like to investigate it.
Thanks for your input.  BTW, in my area of southeast Texas, the closest LUG in in Houston, Texas and they are either inactive or dead as they do not answer several emails I have sent to them.  Hmmm, or maybe they just didn't like my questions posed.-:))
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net